Sunday, November 21, 2010

Boy World - I LOVE IT!

I have to say that I love, love, love boy world.

Last week Ryan arranged this on our kitchen table.


These would be the backs of the cowboys. Here are their terrible enemies.


The 'injuns!"

But, the cowboys are ready for the fight. Yes, they are!


I love it! It puts a smile on my face every time I see a set-up like this.

Or, how about those things boys do with a simple box, or two. Like this...


Can you see what it is?

Is it not obvious?

What we have here, folks, is a rocket ship! Not just any rocket ship, but one that you can drive...to outer space! (I'm pretty sure that is what Todd is doing here.)


He sat there 'driving' for the longest time. And humming, too. What a hoot!

But, I took the photo from the wrong side of the rocket ship. They put a NASA sign on the other side. This is the 'real deal' people!

Todd, the astronaut will be accompanied by this...well, what shall I call him....creature.


I think Ryan might have been calling himself some kind of 'fighting machine' - not sure which variety, though. But, he's ready for anything with his rocket on his back!

I love the imaginative minds of boys.

And, while we're in the boy world, here are a few shots of Ryan in his basketball club. These photos were from his first official game.

A pre-game huddle with the coach.


Setting-up the opening jump ball. The opponents were a year younger. What a difference a year makes! Our team definitely had a height advantage over these guys.


Ryan had some really nice baskets (he's number 12). I was amazed at what he has learned in just a few months of practice. This team, Issy Fierce, was lookin' pretty good! They won 56-8. Ooooh. After a while, you start to feel bad for the little guys.


We're thankful for a great place where Ryan can exercise, learn a skill, and get to know a pretty neat bunch of boys.

Yep, I love boy world. Now, to remember these fun things when I am trying day-after-day to get them to pick up the stuff on their floor and put their dirty socks into the hamper!! :-)

Yep. Boys are great.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun post! Do you want me to let you know if our "shoe-sucker" has babies? Maybe you need one. They are great at sucking up shoes, toys, basically anything left out. They only give things back when kids do extra chores for parents. I love my shoe-sucker!
Carrie Andersson

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the reminder! I'm still learning about boys and now that I have two and a girl (kindof like your family but backwards) I need to remember to let them be boys. We're all about dinosaurs right now. And I seriously suggested the name Lena for a girl...but Julia won out.