Saturday, November 12, 2011

Piano Lessons

I finally got photos of Ryan going to piano lessons. Yes! This makes me smile. :-)

All his books are collected into his backpack, and we're ready to go.


Making our way outside on this beautiful November Saturday afternoon.


On our way down the hill.


Walking...


Walking...


Walking...


And, still more walking...


Walking...


Walking... It takes about 7 minutes to get there.


We're here!


Heading upstairs...


And down the hallway...


We're a little early leaving a little time to visit and goof off a bit.


Finally time...there he goes, into his room...


I would have taken a photo of Ryan in the room with his teacher, but the student before him was still playing through her last song and I just couldn't interrupt. Someday I will get a photo of Madame Phan Thanh with Ryan.

There's a grand piano in this room. It takes up almost the entire room, but Ryan loves playing a real grand piano each week! (This is much more exciting than our digital piano.)

Ryan learned today that he will have a test on December 3rd. He will be playing one of his Hanon exercises and the Reverie by Tchaikovsky for the piano teaching staff of the conservatory. No problem! He's already got them down pat.

I just marvel at how the Lord has provided this incredible place for Ryan to study piano. I cannot help but wonder where this amazing training at such a young age will take this dear boy. Only the Lord knows...

No comments: