Tuesday, December 6, 2011

An Incredible Story

I just have to share this story.

We've been having lots of visiting pastors at our church lately because our pastor is in Israel teaching right now. This last Sunday, an old testament professor from a seminary near Paris named Matthew came to preach. (By the way, Matthew is a Frenchman through and through.) I love when Matthew preaches. He always does a fabulous job!

Anyway, during his sermon he told the story about how his younger sister became a believer in Jesus.

Apparently Matthew and his sister grew up in a Christian home. However, Matthew's sister had a bad experience in the church as a young child and decided she didn't want anything to do with the church, God, the Bible or faith of any kind.

She grew up and met a man whom she decided to 'move in with.' One day, her boyfriend went to the grocery store and while he was there he happened to pass a garbage can which had a book in it. The book grabbed his attention and he decided to take it out of the garbage can and take it home.

When he got home, he showed the book to Matthew's sister. She said, "It's a Bible." He started to read it voraciously, and eventually she began to read it with him. They both became believers in Jesus Christ.

Now, how's that for an amazing testimony! Is our God amazing or what!?!

On a completely different note... guess what was in the grocery store this week?


VELAMINTS!!!!

I was completely startled to see these little packages by the cash register - in France!!! However, Mark had absolutely no reaction. Apparently he didn't grow up with a drawer in the kitchen that contained Velamints that he loved to go to for the occasional Velamint. But, I did! Seeing this name and this logo again gave me an immediate memory. So fun!

I just had to buy one and see if they tasted the same. They do. Exactly the same. Only, they are like little shrunken Velamints in the same exact shape, just littler. So fun!

That's all for today. Enjoy the rest of your week!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Jill, I love your stories above, but I don't think it is on a "completely different note" because both of these occurrences are not coincidental, they are providential. A life saved, a saint encouraged. That’s the way the Father works. I enjoy your journey! Thanks for serving.
Love,
Chris