Friday, November 7, 2008

Dinner Tonight

Here's a snippet of dinner conversation from tonight...

(We are in Chicago. We ate at Chipotle. Appranently the music reminded Lena of Elvis.)

Lena: "Mom, were you alive when Elvis was alive?"
Jill: "No."
Mark: "Yes you were, he died when we were about 4 [years old]."
Jill: "I guess I was alive when Elvis was alive, but I don't remember him."
Lena: "You don't remember Elvis? How could you not remember him? I mean he was so rich and all..."
Jill: "Well, look at Todd. Do you think he cares about such things at his age? I was about Todd's age when Elvis was alive."
Todd: "I don't like riches." (Pause.) "I like quesadillas."
(At which point the whole family was cracking up with laughter!)

And, there you have it! The conversation darted off in another direction...never to return to Elvis. You've got to love life with a 3-year-old mind in the mix!

Note: We ordered the exact same thing at Chipotle in Chicago as we order at Chipotle in St. Paul, but it cost $5 more. It made me wonder, how much more will food cost in Paris vs. St. Paul or Chicago?

No comments: