The second emotion is great excitement! We get to share with the Sparks group at our church tonight. Something that I love to do! Because of our preparations, we've found ourselves pouring over photos of France. Sometimes I think I can just smell and taste the place again! It's fun. There's no doubt that we have begun the journey here, but we are VERY anxious to begin the journey there! Here are just a few photos of Paris...of French things that bring great anticipation of our lives in Paris...one day.
You cannot image how fabulous these pastries taste!

Who will we get to know at the cafe nearest to our home?
What will our street/apartment look like? Who will our neighbors be?

Will I get the privilege of teaching God's word to the children of Paris as my heart so desires?

This picture is just stuck in my head. We put it at the end of our presentation for the Sparks group. Just look at how many apartment buildings you see...and for how far into the distance. I can just imagine that this photo was taken from the Eiffel Tower. If the photographer had taken a photo in every direction, just think how many homes and how many people that represents. Many, many people who don't know who the Jesus of the Bible is. Many people who need to hear that there is a Savior for their sin who can lead them to a personal relationship with God-the one true God who is holy, just, righteous, loving and good.

I still cannot believe that we are going to live in the middle of this sea of homes! Wow!
As for now, we are leaving Saturday for a 9 day support raising trip. We'll be in Illinois, Ohio, Kentucky and Iowa before returning on March 9th. We've got many "balls" in the air - letters, calls, and appointments being set up or already arranged. We're working hard to do our part to bring in the needed financial support so that we can go. And, we are praying, praying, praying and trusting the God of the Universe to provide.
1 comment:
It's so encouraging to hear about your endurance through these last couple of months. Keep hanging on. You are a testimony of God's mercy to us all.
Post a Comment