Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Prayer

Dear Heavenly Father,

My heart is filled with thanks and praise to You for all the ways that you have been with me; helping and guiding us all along the way. I can see now that our first 6 months here have been filled with adjusting, adjusting, adjusting and I see the ways that You have been gently guiding and providing and showing us this new world and culture that we now call home. You are such a good God. You prove that to us time and time again.

Thanks for allowing me to be in language school - even thought it's hard, humiliating and seems never ending, I know it is so good for me. I praise You for helping me learn French - something I never believed I could do. Thanks for good friends for our children, and the ability to speak on basic terms with their parents like I did yesterday with Ryan's friend's Mom! You get all the credit for that one, God!

I'm amazed at how much more able I am to tackle finding new things in the grocery store. I am enjoying the challenge of figuring out how to make the "old favorites" from back home. You got me to this point, and I thank you. You are a good God!

Thank you for the wonderful friends you have given us back home. Thanks for all the many ways that they have encouraged us with notes, e-mails, packages and prayers. We are blessed beyond comprehension by you, Lord!!!!

More than anything, I thank you for your Word. It has been my stabilizer throughout the nitty gritty of life. And, it gives me great great hope. It was a joy to read Jonah this past week and read again about an entire city that repented and turned to You. Your gospel is powerful and changes lives. I love to be in places where I can see You at work.

I pray, Lord, that you teach me how to love You more and more. I know that I do not deserve your love and grace, but I am so very thankful for it. You are amazing, Lord. I love you.

Amen

No comments: