This white board is mounted on the wall in our kitchen.
This white board has developed a life of it's own.
Trust me, it makes 'hang man' super, super fun.
It entertains young visitors beautifully. (Although I fear it has also messed up a shirt or two in the process.)
It provides a place for expression of all kinds.
Sometimes the same thing stays for days and days on the white board. Sometimes it changes daily, or hourly.
But, I always delight in seeing what appears on it next.
Here's a collection of white board messages. I don't want to forget any of these!
Practicing writing letters and sounding out words.

Art abounds!
Feelings expressed freely.
Foreign language vocabulary solidified. This message is in German. (I should also mention that many a dictée is practiced on the white board, too.)
More art by Lena combined with the date, written in French by Todd.
Todd's version of the date in French, along his picture of Great Grandpa Neal in heaven.
Cleverness abounds.
And so does imagination. (You can click on the picture to enlarge it are read the details. I marvel at Lena's brain!)
And, sibling rivalry abounds, too. One child drew a sitting duck. Another added the standing duck, out of spite. But, despite how they came about, I think they are both quite cute!
More imagination. An airplane in a big storm.
And, dreaming, too.
Lena wrote "Minnesota 3 miles". Ryan changed it to "Minnesota 4000 miles." And Todd added his version of a bus. It shows the excitement over being in Minnesota in just a few months! Yeah!
And, my 3 artists just before church this morning.
1 comment:
As always, we enjoyed your recent posts! Thanks for sharing!
Carrie Andersson
Post a Comment