HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY, RYAN!!!!!
The meal of his choice this year: Parmesan Chicken.
But, something new this year: he asked me to be sure there were THREE pieces of chicken just for him. Oh dear! I marvel at how this child is growing right now!
The long, long, long awaited for Birthday present.
Oh, yeah, it took him several minutes to get to the inside of this one!!! (2.15 minutes to be exact -- hee, hee, hee.)
Oh happiness!! Ryan's been saving his money for a long, long time. We offered to pitch in the money that we would have spent on a birthday present for him, plus the money we would have spent for a birthday party with all his friends (with our pending move, Ryan had one friend come for a sleep-over instead - so much easier!) so that Ryan could get this...
A 3DS with Mario Cart 7!!!!! Wow! That 9 hour plane ride back to the USA is going to seem like a flash to this 10 year old.
And, this 10 year old was up at 6 a.m. reading the way-cool car book his Aunt Lisa sent in the mail. (I think it's hilarious that Lena took this photo of Ryan!)
He requested a Lamborghini car carrot cake.
Really?
Are you serious?
Yes - he was serious.
This is the closest I could come.
He seemed very pleased. That's all the matters.
And, this poor 10 year old was forced to wander around town for about 20 minutes today to get photos, just to prove what he looked like at 10 years old. (This is TORTURE from your mother, I tell you!!!)
We're off to a great start, with half opened eyes.
Nice one, Ryan.
Ah...gotcha while laughing at yourself!
Here's a pretty good one.
"Mom! Hurry up. I look like a dork here!"
"You want to see me smile? Here you go!"
"Do you like this?"
"I could spin in circles for you!"
But, a determined Mom wins! Here's Ryan with his music conservatory on the background (it's at the end of the corridor).
Oops! Sorry Ryan! It's too hard to see the conservatory from here. Let's do it again closer. (More Mom torture!!! Ha, ha, ha.)
A favorite pastime in France. Reading Lucky Luke books in French at the local library.
Next year, I think I'll take him to a studio so that he can see how much easier it is just to spend a few minutes with your Mom snapping photos in your favorite places. Maybe then he'll cooperate!!! I can wish, right?!?
In any case, that wraps up another birthday.
We love you, Ryan! We cannot believe you are 10 years old already! Hope you have a WONDERFUL year!!!!
Love,
Mom & Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment