What joy!
My brother and several members of his family came to visit us in Paris this past weekend! YEAH!!!!!!
We ran them all over Paris -- around some of our neighborhood, up the Montparnasse Tower for a great view, then to the Eiffel Tower, Hotel de Ville, Notre Dame Cathedral, St. Michel, Place de la Concorde, Tuleries gardens, the Louvre, Arc de Triomphe, Champes Elysées, Montmartre along with the artist's square, and Luxembourg gardens. And, we managed to squeeze in a delicious crêpe and brasserie meal to boot! What a blast!!!
I didn't take enough photos, but here are a few to share.
At the zip line in our local park. So sorry we didn't get to go back -- Max really wanted to. There just wasn't enough time!
I'm sure you know where this is. :-)
The adults with the flying buttresses of the Notre Dame Cathedral in the background.
The kids feeding the birds by Notre Dame.
And...Tim, Kerry, Gabe & Max...at the Louvre.
I still can't believe they were here. What a blast!!!!
Did you happen to notice the little girl feeding birds with our kids? Here's a closer look.
I just love it! Even the little tykes have on fancy coats, hats and scarves! They put scarves on the babies here. Still after over 2 years, I think "strangling hazard" when I see this. But, it sure is cute - and warm. What a difference a scarf can make on a cold day!
I was in the grocery store today with the kids. We were killing time while someone interested in renting our apartment came to visit.
I decided to take some photos of the clothes for babies and toddlers that are sold in this upscale grocery store.
Did you notice?
Over half the items that are for sale require IRONING!!!! Proof. They even iron their babies clothes. And, these are the clothes the kids actually wear here - they are not just clothes for church on Sunday or something. To me, this is so crazy. But, they sure do look cute.
I've wanted to include a photo I took at the boys' school recently. It's a quote that is taped on the window by the door of the school.
It says, "If you find that education is expensive, try ignorance." See who said that? ABRAHAM LINCOLN!!!! One of my country's presidents has a quote on the front of a French public school. I love it!!!!
Now I must sign off. Dinner is almost done and it's time to turn my attention to that.
Blessings to you!
Jill
1 comment:
How fun, Jill!! I can imagine your joy at being able to show your family around the spots you've called 'home' for the past years. Be blessed!
Post a Comment