Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Didn't you hear me, you can't....

I'm counting down the days until we join Mark for our new life in Indiana.  The Lord is taking GREAT care of us in the meantime, for which I am very, very thankful.  His goodness abounds day by day.  Yet, we are not complete with 1/5th of our family in Indiana and 4/5ths in Minnesota.

As we live with family and friends during this two month separation, I have carefully and clearly explained to my children that they are not allowed to do any of the following things until we move to Indiana:

1.  grow  (I cannot be managing the next size wardrobe from suitcases - NO, NO, NO!)

2.  get sick (we're in other people's homes - we don't do sick in other people's homes - NO, NO, NO!)

3.  be naughty (same reason - we're in other people's homes and we have to LOOK perfect!)

Well, I am sorry to have to admit that all 3 of my expectations have been broken.

I'm thankful for wonderful, loving and compassionate family and friends who have accepted us as we are...even with all of our warts showing.

All-in-all, the kids have been wonderful.  I just cannot complain.  Yet, there are still several things that will need some extra attention when we finally get back into our own home and our own 'groove.' 

But, for now, I am going to thank God for all the things that have gone right.  There are many, and I am thankful.

Oh, and I can add one more very happy note to this blog.  Ryan's science project is DONE!!!!!  Woot woot!!!

As we were taping the pages onto the cardboard display board, Ryan said, "Will I have to do a science project next year?" 

I explained that the likelihood is very high. 

He responded by saying, "Yeah, but it will be in English and we'll be living in our own home where we have all the stuff we need to do it easily available.  Next year I'm going to do a really good job on my science project." 

Well said, Ryan!  I totally agree.  Your science project was good enough, given the circumstances of this year.  Next year, you are gonna rock at this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish there was a "like" button for blogs. :-) Way to go, Ryan! :-)

Julie