I was able to give a painting and a Bible to my French teacher and friend as a parting gifts tonight. I was so thrilled by how she responded -- very positively. Oh, what joy!!!!
Here's the painting I gave to her (just for my records).
As I explained to her, 'it's not professional, but it is from my heart.' What a privilege to share these things with my dear, dear friend.
Now, here's for a major shift. I'm going to show you American week at Lidl.
If you were going to guess what types of foods would be considered American to folks in other parts of the world, what types of food would they be?
Let me show you...
Peanut Butter (I really think this stuff is sugary cream with a little peanut flavor added. I have never tasted peanut butter like this ever before in my life.)
Popcorn
On the left in the white bottles below, you have Ketchup in two flavors: Hot Dog or Barbeque. In the peach colored bottles, you have Hamburger Sauce (not sure what that really is).
They had yellow mustard too, which is something you cannot find easily in France since most of the mustard here is a Dijon-type of mustard.
Marshmallows
Black 5 cookies (Oreo-type cookies?) and then your standard Cookie Assortment
Muffins
Brownies
And, finally Hot Dogs
Don't those look tasty? I'm bettin' they are anything but 'all beef hot dogs'!
I don't know what you think, but it seems like America could use a little work on it's food image around the world.
I'm thankful this is not really representative of American food. And, I'm looking forward to eating wonderful American food again soon! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment